Saturday, July 11, 2009

Who am I?

So this is my first entry (--and it took me a while too, considering i've had this blog for about a month) and I thought I'd make into an introductory entry.

I'm a 19 year old uni student, but one who perhaps identifies more with the title 'film lover'. I also like music, particularly jazz and that form of rock/pop which bands like Coldplay subscribe to (how do you describe their sound?). Occasionally I read books, not quite as many as I used to, but a good book can still grab my attention once in a while (right now I'm trying to read Tess of the D'Ubervilles). Otherwise, I like hanging out with my friends, the Oddbottles--they make me happy and they're a quirky, unique bunch. And I love my family (woops, sorry to put them second).

I think I have an old soul, nothing in today's culture quite grabs me as much as the culture of the 30s,40s,50s and 60s. I love the fashion, sophistication, music etc of those times--I know the world wasn't all peachy keen jelly bean back then (for one there was the Great Depression of the 30s), so I guess I have a subjective love of the past. In a curious way though, I'm somewhat glad I didn't live in those times because I somehow think I wouldn't have understood what was special about it. I don't know, it's somehow more intriguing imagining the past than actually living it...

I feel like writing a lot right now, so you might actually see three or four or five more posts straight after this one. See you again in the next minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment